Cosamin ASU for Joint Health, 230 Capsules
- Glucosamine HCl 1,500 mg
- Chondroitin Sulfate 350 mg
- ASU and AKBA
- Helps Promote Joint Comfort & Mobility
Product details have been supplied by the Manufacturer, and are hosted by a third party.
Help Support & Promote Joint Health†
Cosamin® is the #1 researched glucosamine/chondroitin sulfate brand1 and has been recommended by healthcare professionals for over 20 years. Cosamin®ASU is our Advanced Joint Health Formula to help support an Active Lifestyle that includes hiking, running, cycling, etc. Cosamin ASU contains patented combinations of our trademarked glucosamine, chondroitin sulfate, and avocado/soybean unsaponifiables with the added benefit of AKBA from Boswellia serrata, and decaffeinated green tea extract providing EGCG. The ingredients in Cosamin ASU promote a positive response associated with cartilage protection and joint comfort.†2
- 1500 mg Glucosamine HCl (FCHG49®)
- 350 mg Chondroitin Sulfate (TRH122®)
- 400 mg of a proprietary blend that includes NMX1000® ASU, AKBA, and Decaffeinated Green Tea Extract
- No FD&C Dyes
- Gluten Free
Cosamin®ASU and Your Joint Health
Cosamin®ASU is our Advanced Formula to help support an Active Lifestyle. The ingredients in Cosamin ASU promote a positive response associated with cartilage protection and joint comfort. Laboratory studies show that the combination of ingredients in Cosamin ASU decreases levels of markers3 associated with cartilage breakdown and reduced joint comfort.†
Ingredients in Cosamin®ASUFCHG49® Glucosamine HCl - has been shown in laboratory research to induce key components of the cartilage matrix.
TRH122® Chondroitin Sulfate - has been shown to lower the expression of a type of enzyme that breaks down cartilage.
NMX1000® ASU and AKBA - have been shown to decrease prostaglandin E2 (PGE2), a signaling molecule associated with cartilage breakdown. AKBA is an ingredient suggested for a quicker response than glucosamine alone.†4
Introduction to Joint Health
Every day you engage in physical activity to stay healthy, but all of this activity can take a toll on your joints. Many types of stresses, both physical and biological, can cause increased production of proteins and chemicals associated with cartilage breakdown and reduced joint comfort. A delicate balance of breakdown and replacement of the structural parts of cartilage helps maintain a normal joint. Anything that negatively affects this balance can lead to increased breakdown making the maintenance of healthy cartilage more difficult.
Ways to Promote Joint Health
There are many ways to promote your joint health such as:
- Eating healthy
- Staying active and maintaining a healthy weight
- Visiting your healthcare provider regularly
- Taking your medications as prescribed
- Taking dietary supplements
You should also consider taking a high quality glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate supplement. Glucosamine, in combination with chondroitin sulfate, helps inhibit enzymes responsible for the breakdown of cartilage and supports the maintenance of healthy joints.
Choosing the Right Joint Health Supplement
Recent published clinical studies have further validated the combination of high quality glucosamine/chondroitin supplementation for joint health. It is important to make sure you purchase a high quality glucosamine/chondroitin combination product, and below are some of the items to look for:
- Reputable brand cited in published clinical studies
- Serving size of trademarked active ingredients are the same as used in clinical studies
- Quality seal from third party public health and safety organizations
Supplement Facts & Directions for Use
Serving Size Information: One serving of Cosamin®ASU contains 1500 mg (1.5 g) of FCHG49® Glucosamine HCl, 350 mg of TRH122® Chondroitin Sulfate, and 400mg of a proprietary blend of NMX1000® ASU, AKBA, and decaffeinated Green Tea extract providing the antioxidant polyphenol, EGCG.
Directions for Use: Take 3 capsules daily until desired comfort is reached. May reduce number of capsules taken daily to maintain comfort level. Capsules may be taken all at once or divided with meals.†
If you have any condition that requires medical attention always consult your physician before taking any dietary supplement. KEEP IN A COOL, DRY PLACE. DO NOT USE IF SEAL IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
Cosamin®ASU is tested and certified by NSF International. NSF certification ensures that dietary supplements do not contain unacceptable levels of contaminants. NSF developed the only American National Standard for dietary supplements (NSF/ANSI 173) with participation from a balanced stakeholder group including the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), National Institutes of Health (NIH), other federal agencies, state regulatory agencies, manufacturers, retailers, industry trade associations and consumer groups. NSF has worked for over a decade with sports organizations, anti-doping agencies and supplement manufacturers to evaluate and test these products and to help ensure their quality and safety.
- 1 Based on U.S. studies published in peer-reviewed journals, the Cosamin® brand is the most researched glucosamine/chondroitin sulfate brand.
- 2 Clinical Pharmacokinetics 50, 349-369, 2011. Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry 354, 189-197, 2011. Arthritis Research & Therapy 10, R85, 2008.
- 3 A marker is defined as characteristic (i.e. gene expression or protein level) that is objectively measured and evaluated as an indicator of a biological state or condition
- 4 Clinical Pharmacokinetics 50, 349-369, 2011. Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry 354, 189-197, 2011. Arthritis Research & Therapy 10, R85, 2008.