Cosamin® DS for Joint Health, 230 Capsules
- Glucosamine 1,500 mg
- Chondroitin Sulfate 1,200 mg
- Helps Promote Joint Comfort & Mobility
Product details have been supplied by the Manufacturer.
Help Promote Joint Comfort & Mobility†
Cosamin® is the #1 researched glucosamine/chondroitin sulfate brand1 and has been recommended by healthcare professionals for over 20 years. Cosamin®DS helps promote Joint Comfort & Mobility† and is suggested for everyday activity such as walking, shopping, gardening, etc.† One serving of Cosamin DS contains 1500 mg of our trademarked glucosamine and 1200 mg of our trademarked chondroitin sulfate. Laboratory studies show that the trademarked ingredients in Cosamin DS reduce the effect of markers associated with cartilage breakdown.2
- 1500 mg Glucosamine HCl (FCHG49®)
- 1200 mg Chondroitin Sulfate (TRH122®)
- 1 serving contains the same amount of our trademarked ingredients used in published clinical studies
- NSF® Certified
Cosamin®DS and Your Joint Health
There are differences in glucosamine/chondroitin brands, but Cosamin DS is the #1 researched glucosamine/chondroitin sulfate brand and is suggested to help support Joint Comfort & Mobility.†Cosamin DS has shown to be effective in U.S. published clinical studies. Cosamin DS is consists of high quality ingredients that are individually tested for bioactivity. Laboratory studies show that the combination of ingredients in Cosamin DS works better than glucosamine alone. Cosamin DS is tested for purity (including testing for heavy metals and microbial testing) and meeting label claim by industry respected, independent testing laboratories as well as by Nutramax Laboratories’ own Quality Control and Quality Assurance.
Ingredients in Cosamin®DS
- FCHG49® Glucosamine HCl and TRH122® Chondroitin Sulfate – The combination has been shown in cell culture research to decrease levels of markers associated with cartilage breakdown and joint discomfort.
Introduction to Joint Health
Every day you engage in physical activity to stay healthy, but all of this activity can take a toll on your joints. Many types of stresses, both physical and biological, can cause increased production of proteins and chemicals associated with cartilage breakdown and reduced joint comfort. A delicate balance of breakdown and replacement of the structural parts of cartilage helps maintain a normal joint. Anything that negatively affects this balance can lead to increased breakdown making the maintenance of healthy cartilage more difficult.
Ways to Promote Joint HealthThere are many ways to promote your joint health:
- Eating healthy with a balanced diet
- Staying active and maintaining a healthy weight
- Proper exercise to strengthen the joints and muscles and to keep bones healthy
- Visiting your healthcare provider regularly
- Taking your medications as prescribed
- Taking a high quality glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate supplement
Glucosamine, in combination with chondroitin sulfate, helps inhibit enzymes responsible for the breakdown of cartilage and supports the maintenance of healthy joints.
Choosing the Right Joint Health Supplement
Recent published clinical studies have further validated the combination of high quality glucosamine/chondroitin supplementation for joint health. It is important to make sure you purchase a high quality glucosamine/chondroitin combination product, and below are some of the items to look for:
- Reputable brand cited in published clinical studies
- Serving size of trademarked active ingredients are the same as used in clinical studies
- Quality seal from third party public health and safety organizations
Supplement Facts & Directions for Use
Serving Size Information: One serving of Cosamin®DS contains 1500 mg (1.5g) of FCHG49® Glucosamine HCl and 1200 mg (1.2g) of TRH122® Chondroitin Sulfate.
Directions for Use: Take 3 capsules daily until desired comfort is reached. May reduce number of capsules taken daily to maintain comfort level. Capsules may be taken all at once or divided with meals.†
If you have any condition that requires medical attention always consult your physician before taking any dietary supplement. KEEP IN A COOL, DRY PLACE. DO NOT USE IF SEAL IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
Cosamin®DS is tested and certified by NSF International. NSF certification ensures that dietary supplements do not contain unacceptable levels of contaminants. NSF developed the only American National Standard for dietary supplements (NSF/ANSI 173) with participation from a balanced stakeholder group including the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), National Institutes of Health (NIH), other federal agencies, state regulatory agencies, manufacturers, retailers, industry trade associations and consumer groups. NSF has worked for over a decade with sports organizations, anti-doping agencies and supplement manufacturers to evaluate and test these products and to help ensure their quality and safety.
- 1 Based on U.S. studies published in peer-reviewed journals, the Cosamin® brand is the most researched glucosamine/chondroitin sulfate brand.
- 2 A marker is defined as characteristic (i.e. gene expression or protein level) that is objectively measured and evaluated as an indicator of a biological state or condition.
- Brand: Cosamin